08/05/2012

Change: Steamed Salmon with Radishes


This last couple of weeks have been a lot about change, in many different ways of my life: a new month that starts and finally feels like it's spring, a new painting on the walls, a new work schedule, a few more responsabilities, a will to spend more time outside and on a less private level, but on a more important one, a new president for my country.

Is it for the best or the worst? I can't say, only time will tell us. My persistant optimistic soul, and my political beliefs, hope for the best. Because, after all, even if we don't like them sometimes, changes are inevitable, they challenge us, they might scare us, but I believe they always make us grow in some way. Even if our confort zone is where we are safe, it's not where we learn the most.


In the kitchen, change is essential to me, I'd be depressed if I had to cook and eat the same dish everyday. This blog only shows the recipes that I think are good enough to be shared, but I'm experimenting almost daily. Changing an ingredient or how to cook it, adding or removing something to make a recipe better.

Today's change in the kitchen is due to my weighing scale, because experimenting in the kitchen has it's consequences ;). Steaming fish is not something I had done much before, but finding some nice organic salmon made my choice of recipe easy.
And not that it's that uncommun, but for this recipe I had the help of my little sous-chef, my 4 year old niece who wants to be a cook when she grows up, maybe she'll make tomorow's change.

Steamed Salmon with Radishes and Wasabi Dip


Serves 1

125gr of Salmon
3 Radishes
1 Lemon
Dill
Olive Oil
50gr Fresh Cheese
1/2 Teaspoon Wasabi
1 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Sesame seeds

Preheat the oven to 190°C.

Cut the radishes in slices and place them in two rows (or as wide as you piece of salmon is) in the middle of your parchement paper, where you have sprinkled a bit of olive oil.
Place the salmon on top of the radishes, press a bit of lemon juice on the fish before sprinkling a bit of dill. Place some lemon slices on top of the fish.
Now wrap your parchement paper in order to seal it completly, place it in a dish into the oven for about 12 minutes (more if your fish is bigger).

In the meantime prepare your dip by whisking the fresh cheese with the wasabi and the soy sauce, try it and season it to your taste. Roast the sesame seeds for a few minutes in a pan with no fat. When you take the fish out of the oven, sprinkle them on top of it.
Serve it with a salad and the wasabi dip for a light supper.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire