16/06/2012

Pasta and Cheese, some other way


I don't have much of a green thumb. I killed a cactus once, but only with good intention: I gave it too much water... In my defense it did look dry. (Now i'm wondering if I already told that story... Gosh my brain is fried these days).
But I really want to make it better and improve. So now that I have some space outside, I started a little herb garden. With mixed results so far, but it's really nice to cut some fresh herbs and directly add them to a dish.
I'm also looking forward for some cherry tomatoes that my mum gave me. They start to blossom, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some red delicious vegetables (well, technically, fruits...).

Though I now make most of my pastas, I still like to buy the ones with a shape that I'm not skilled enough to form by myself, like those conchiglioni. A huge sized pasta in the shape of a shell to fill up with, for instance, a ricotta spinach mixture.
Here I wanted to use the fresh herbs with some goat cheese for a try. It's really not a "light" dish, I would advice you to go easy with the filling, even if it feels funny to dine on, literally, 4 pastas, it's plenty enough with a salad on the side.

Conchiglioni with Goat Cheese and Herbs Stuffing


serves 2

8 Conchiglioni (depending on the size)
100gr of Fresh Goat Cheese
4 Tablespoons of Freshly chopped Herbs (Minth, Sage, Chive, Rosemary, Thym...)
30gr of Parmigiano
Olive Oil
Pepper

Cook the pasta according to the instruction on the package, about 18 minutes in boiling salted water in this case. Be careful to stir every now and than, so it doesn't stick.
Drain the pasta in a colander, and pour cold water over them to stop them from cooking.

Preheat the oven to 180°C.

Put all the herbs on a cutting board, and using a mezzaluna, chop them finely. Combine them with the fresh goat cheese. I wouldn't put any salt, as goat cheese is salty already, maybe a little bit of pepper, but try it and season it to your tastes.

Using a spoon, fill the conchiglioni with the cheese, not all the way up, and place them in an oiled oven dish. Grate the Parmigiano on top and place it in the oven for about 10 minutes. Serve with a green salad.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire